Posts Tagged ‘cfp’
Wednesday, August 17
Featured Speaker: Fred Berlin, M.D., Ph.D., founder, National Institute for the Study, Prevention and Treatment of Sexual Trauma; founder, Johns Hopkins Sexual Disorders Clinic
This day-long symposium will facilitate the exchange of ideas among researchers, scholars, mental health practitioners, and minor-attracted persons who have an interest in critical issues surrounding the entry for pedophilia in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) of the American Psychiatric Association. Leer el resto de esta entrada »
Hoy traigo una convocatoria para un número especial de una revista de crítica y teoría:
CFP – Reading Bodies, Reflecting Theory Special Issue – Submission Date 1 July 2011
Postscript: A Journal of Graduate Criticism and Theory invites submissions for a special issue to be published Fall 2011. This issue, Reading Bodies, Reflecting Theory, welcomes papers from various and diverse perspectives on corporeality and embodiment as explored in the humanities. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
– bodies as text
– queer bodies
– disabled bodies
– bodies on screen and in print
– historical approaches to bodies
– gendered bodies
– blogged bodies
– fat positive bodies
– eco bodies
– colonialism and corporeality
– embodied ethics
– corporeal consumption
– theoretical bodies or bodies in theory
– inconvenient bodies Leer el resto de esta entrada »
Hoy he estado buscando congresos de filosofía y he encontrado unos cuantos. Preparad las agendas.
– I Congreso Nacional de Filosofía Práctica o Aplicada, del 18 al 20 de abril de este año, en Barcelona. Más información aquí.
– Two-Days Seminar on Fashion and Emotions, 19 y 20 de mayo de este año, en Pamplona. Más información aquí.
– V Congreso Mediterráneo de Estética, del 4 al 8 de julio de este año, en Cartagena (Murcia). Más información aquí.
– IX Pavia Graduate Conference in Political Philosophy, 22 y 23 de septiembre de este año, en Pavia, Italia. Se pueden enviar comunicaciones en inglés hasta el 29 de mayo. Más información aquí.
– Philosophie de Rousseau/Rousseau’s Philosophy, del 6 al 9 de junio de 2012, en Lyon, Francia. Se pueden enviar comunicaciones en inglés o francés hasta el 30 de abril de 2011. Más información aquí.
Una nueva convocatoria de un congreso sobre ecocrítica:
Environmental disciplines have recently gained prominence due to the potentially devastating consequences of climate change: increasing natural disasters, the greenhouse effect, temperature variations, changing sea levels, etc. Such issues have raised awareness on the necessity for a drastic change in thinking. Ecocriticism—along with other green disciplines dealing with the relationship between society and the environment—places nature as the center of the intellectual debate. As Kate Rigby states, “culture constructs the prism through which we know nature.” Reading Nature Conference aims to explore from a critical perspective how such a prism is constructed. International reputed experts, along with young scholars will examine the way in which different notions on nature and the environment are conveyed in cultural manifestations. Leer el resto de esta entrada »
Abstracts for new work, and previously published papers, are now being accepted for inclusion in GENRE EROTICA: SEX IN SPECULATIVE FICTION. This book is being produced by Dagan Books and will be published in both print and e-book formats. Papers must specifically deal with the subject of genre fiction in erotica or speculative fiction that has overtly sexual themes. Papers can discuss either literature or film, though preference will be given to literature first, films which are adapted from literature second, and films which were written as screenplays third (unless the writer is also a producer or director).
Submissions should include:
• Abstract (not to exceed 250 words) or full paper (if previously published).
• Proof of “right to reprint” (if previously published).
• Short biography of author(s) with daytime phone number, preferred mailing address, and e-mail address.
Submit to the Dagan Books at email@example.com, no later than July 1, 2011. Submissions must include [Genre Erotica] and the submitter’s last name in the subject line of the email.
La revista internacional de estudios sobre Baudrillard abre la convocatoria para el envío de artículos acerca de Baudrillard y la política:
A number of conflicting political epithets have been attached to the name Jean Baudrillard: Maoist, neo-conservative, neo-Marxist, post-Marxist, anarcho-primitivist, postmodernist, ultra-leftist, nouveaux philosophe, situationist, aristocrat, 68er, nihilist, Gnostic, relativist, reactionary romantic, anti-feminst, and so on. This is perhaps symptom of our transpolitical age. However, what might be the relation of Baudrillard’s thought to the political? Is there a Baudrillardian politics? Can his ideas illuminate key cultural and theoretical questions in new and politically productive ways? How might his work question the very assumptions, sanctions, and foundation of emancipatory and progressive politics? The International Journal of Baudrillard Studies invites papers for a special edition that explore, demonstrate, and question, the efficacy of Baudrillard’s ideas for addressing key questions of the political. Leer el resto de esta entrada »
Una convocatoria de una revista portuguesa sobre filosofía y cine:
Cinema: Journal of Philosophy and Moving Image [http://www.fcsh.unl.pt/revistas/cjpmi]
Submission deadline: March 1, 2011 (abstracts) and June 1, 2011 (completed papers). Leer el resto de esta entrada »